Khertvisi Castle, Khertvisi, Georgia

Friday, April 8, 2011

Daily Run

I'm on a roll here with blog posts, so I figured I'd write about one of my favorite parts of every day. I've written about running in Akhalkalaki before, but this time, I've got pictures.

It was a beautiful day as we set out this morning, if a little early and a little chilly still. We usually run along the new highway that leads to the Turkish border, as it's the easiest route and has relatively few dogs to worry about running into. Most days, we run (Sam usually passes on the Tuesday morning run, since he has to leave for school at 8:40am, and we sometimes skip a day with particularly bad weather). We run 3 miles, which we can measure thanks to the Garmin running watch my siblings got me for my birthday 2 years ago. Here's a look at our run.

The view as we walk from our house up to the road


This is where we start (only a slight uphill...)


Pretty soon we're out of Akhalkalaki...


...and we have our choice of running towards Ninotsminda (and the Armenian border) or towards the Turkish border



We get a lot of views of potato fields along the way


Doesn't Sam look thrilled?


When we get to this village, it's time to turn around


Our view on the way back usually includes a spectacular shot of Mt. Abul, the tallest mountain in our region, but today it was all covered up by clouds


We come back into Akhalkalaki and then there's only half a mile to go


Three miles! All done!


Sam is a real trooper to put up with my daily running habit

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, the shot of the Garmin to prove that you did your three miles smacks of bringing home a bulletin to prove you went to church...especially since you were spot on 3.00 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you better believe that we finish at 3.00 on the dot. As soon as that sucker beeps for mile 3, I hit stop. I'm not much of a bring-the-bulletin-home-from-church type, though. I'm more of a eat-lots-of-after-mass-donuts to show my faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete